From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Sunday 5 May 2013

Richmond Park Marathon & New PB!

Just completed the Richmond Park Marathon - my first trail marathon. It is definitely one to do again. The route is pretty stunning. The marshalls and support staff were all excellent and there was good support around the route.

Won't know official time until tomorrow, but my Garmin had 3:59:49. Oddly enough, the clock on the finish line had 3:59:01 as I crossed? Not sure why that should be. It must have taken me about 15-20s to get over the start line, so it should have shown just over 4hrs. Anyway, new PB and sub-4 on a trail on a hot day - I'm pleased with that...especially after my disaster in Brighton 3 weeks ago.

In the end, I ran the race in road shoes - my GT1000s. I took the Trabuccos but the terrain was dry paths and grass so there was no point in using trail shoes. Used with Injinji liners and Thorlo Experias. Great combination, no blisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment