From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Saturday 11 May 2013

Richmond Park Marathon Final Results

Well, my chip time was 3:59:37 in the end - so comfortably under the 4 hour mark!

There were 3 sub 3 hour times and the winner finished in 2:35.

Having a few more days off now until the ultra training starts proper. I think I'm going to follow a training program for a 100K race on 50 miles per week that I read in "Relentless Forward Progress". I will try to put in more mileage, but I'm not sure that in reality I will be able to fit more in.

I'll put up the program once I have tweaked it to finish on September 22nd, the date of the London to Brighton Ultra.

No comments:

Post a Comment