From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Thursday 11 April 2013

Last Run before Brighton Marathon and MDS 2013 Long Day is over.

Just been out for a 5 miler. 39 minutes. That's it now until the race. Ran with my heart rate monitor for the first time in a while. Running at around 8:30 minute/miles gives me a heart rate of 150-155. Think I'll set off on Sunday at around 8:30-8:35 pace.

This year's MDS racers have finished the Long Day. 75.7Km. Every day it seems that there have been some brutal climbs. Feet must be sore now. Good luck to all for tomorrow's marathon stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment