From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Sunday 28 April 2013

Last Longish Run Before My First Trail Marathon

8.5 miles today in 1:11. 5 of those miles were on sand, which is hard work on the knees and ankles.

The Asics Gel Trabuccos are doing a great job and, for me, they are far better than my Salomon Crossmaxes. The Trabuccos could be the shoes for the London-to-Brighton run and maybe the MdS. I'll update this after the Richmond Park Marathon on Sunday.

Just a couple of short runs this week then the race.

After that, the ultra training starts proper...

No comments:

Post a Comment