From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Friday 5 April 2013

Warm Weather Training #1

Morning Run
Just had a week in Lanzarote and managed to get some warm weather running in.  Great opportunity to try out some kit.

This run was around a headland, scrambling up and down cliffs and beach running.  On my feet I had my old GT-2170s with Injinji liners under Thorlo Experia socks.  Not one grain of sand on my feet at the end...and no gaiters.

The Mammut Nubian cap is very comfortable and does the job. 

The Raidlight desert top, in my view, was superb.  Very light and cool, but not exactly flattering!  P20 SPF50+ worked very well too.

Took the Raidlight pack with 2x 1.5 water bottles in the side pockets with smartubes.  The tubes work well and they will be in my pack for the MDS.  The pack, however, is not wearing well.  It is very light and comfortable, but it has already worn a hole at the top of the back compartment where it rubs on a seam.

No comments:

Post a Comment