From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Wednesday 12 June 2013

London to Brighton Training Underway at Last

So I've got a few runs under my belt now from my ultra program.  (Apologies for no updates for a couple of weeks.)

Did my first long run on Saturday - 18miles.  Leisurely pace and it felt comfortable.  Should have done a follow up 5 miler on Sunday, but couldn't make that one.  Must try harder this weekend.

Aiming for 25-30 miles during the week days + another 20 miles at the weekend.

The break after the Richmond Park Marathon was welcome, but it has been tough to get going again.  However, I'm already starting to feel good again.

Jon, I hope you're feeling better after your superb L2B performance last month.

Accumulating some more kit, but I'll do a separate post on that in the next day or so.  See my Equipment Page for brief update details.

No comments:

Post a Comment