From unfit and overweight through half-marathoner and marathoner to my ultimate challenge - the toughest footrace on earth - 150 miles in 6 days in the Sahara - the 2014 Marathon des Sables.

I hope this blog will be a source of tips for other runners and a source of inspiration for those who want to start running, but need a bit of a push!

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Not Such A Good Week...

Tough week this week.

No time to run during the week except for 10 miles on Friday.

My Brighton marathon training plan run for Sunday was 20 miles in a target time of 3:10.  Managed it in 3:05 but it was a cold miserable run from about 1/3 of the way in.  Haven't had a run like that for a long time.  Oh well, I guess they can't all be fun...

I also got a reminder of my ultimate goal.  I saw a guy running with a full pack, front pack, 2 front bottles and full kit.  If that was you and you were training for the MDS - Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment